Bajan cricketer banned for violating code

(Barbados Nation) ICBL EMPIRE players breached the Barbados Cricket Association’s (BCA) code of conduct seven times last year, and one of their leading players will serve a multiple-match suspension at the start of the new season.

Javon Searles, who recently made a successful return to the Barbados team during the WICB regional four-day competition, has been slapped with a seven-match ban for varying offences in the 2011 domestic competition.

The 25-year-old fast bowling all-rounder has been banned for three three-day matches and four one-day games for the 2012 season starting on Saturday for offences committed in three different matches last year.

Searles’ conduct in an in ill-tempered Sagicor General Twenty20 semi-final against YMPC on December 9 at Kensington Oval was met with a suspension for two three-day matches and four one-day matches.

 

More in Archives

Comments

About these comments

The comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity.

Most Read This Week

  1. US revokes visas of MPs Seeraj, Dharamlall

  2. Kitty woman critical after horrific crash

  3. Seeraj questions timing of visa revocation

  4. Former GRDB accountant arrested in Canada

  5. Lewis launches scathing attack on Jagdeo at sugar rally

  6. Arrest warrants issued for pathologist, sister of deceased

  7. CANU Head told of removal from post

  8. WPA says has been sidelined by gov’t for last two years

  9. Permanent Secretary flayed over $106m kept in special projects account


Recommended For You