McCoy to appeal convictions
-Luncheon rules out disciplinary action by OP
Office of the President (OP) communications coordinator Kwame McCoy yesterday said that he plans to appeal his recent assault conviction as he views the outcome of the case as a “classic case of the miscarriage of justice.”
McCoy told Stabroek News yesterday that there is a lot wrong with the way in which he was convicted of the offences, which stemmed from a row over his removing election campaign posters on October 25, last year.
On Tuesday, McCoy was convicted of assaulting and threatening Clifton Stewart, at the end of a trial at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court. The case against him was that during an argument on …..To continue reading, login or subscribe now.