Croal St fire was arson
-men seen running from building, bottle with gasoline found
Arson caused Saturday night’s fire at the Jainarine Singh Building on Croal Street according to Fire Chief Marlon Gentle who yesterday said that fire investigators found a burnt gasoline bottle which still had some gasoline inside and a broken glass bottle that is believed to have been used to start the fire.
“We are working with the theory that attempts were made to destroy the building or at least part of the building,” Gentle told Stabroek News yesterday when asked if arson played a part in the fire,
He related that officers received a call at around 10:35 on Saturday night and a unit responded immediately and upon arrival they observed the fire blazing from a stationery office located on the bottom flat of the three-story building. According to Gentle the lock to that office was found to have been …..To continue reading, login or subscribe now.