Bids opened for empoldering of flood-prone Pomeroon farmlands

Bids were opened yesterday at the National Procurement and Tender Administration Board (NPTAB) for the empoldering of the flood-prone Pomeroon agricultural lands.

Bids for the National Drainage and Irrigation Authority (NDIA) project, which will entail the empoldering of four communities, were submitted by M. Sukhai Contracting and Paramlall Goberdan.

For empoldering of farmlands at Kabakaburi, Upper Pomeroon, M. Sukhai bid $9,825,000, while Paramlall Goberdan bid $5,303,000. The engineer’s estimate for the project was given at $9,680,000.

For the empoldering of farmlands at Siriki, M. Sukhai’s bid was $7,595,000, while Paramlall Goberdan’s bid was $7,704,000; for empoldering at St Monica, M. Sukhai bid $5,625,000, while Paramlall Goberdan bid $5,303,000; and for empoldering at Warapana, M. Sukhai bid $4,495,000 and Paramlall Goberdan bid $4.6M.

Meanwhile, bids were also opened for video and audio documentaries to be aired to edify the public about sustainable energy for the Guyana Energy Agency. SPR Enterprise, which submitted a bid of $3,180,372, and Fix it Depot, which bid $4,126,990, were the two companies that responded to tenders that were put out.

With the procuring entity being the Ministry of Health, two tenders were submitted for the supply and delivery of surgical instruments.  International Pharmaceutical Agency (IPA) bid $1,195,266 and the New Guyana Pharmaceutical Corporation bid (New GPC) $5,300,763.

Bids for the acquisition of spare parts for Transport and Harbours Department’s fleet of vessels were also opened.
The companies and their bids were Brenco Shipping ($167,616,371), DAX Contracting Services ($71,976,376), Guyana National Shipping Corporation ($121,192,569) and Linden Holding ($106,038,137).

Latest in Local News

default placeholder

Increased venues, franchises in pipeline as CPL seeks expansion

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad,  CMC – Caribbean Premier League organisers say they will explore pushing the increasingly popular Twenty20 tournament into Asia, as well as expanding the number of franchises involved and hosting them in North American cities.

default placeholder

Grade Six results to be released Tuesday

The Ministry of Education today said that results of the National Grade Six Assessment –NGSA will be released on Tuesday, July 5, 2016.

The ambassadors group with UG Vice Chancellor Ivelaw Griffith (seated fifth from left)

UG needs emergency $$ to prevent collapse

A conference of local and diaspora stakeholders of the University of Guyana (UG) has called on the government to provide emergency funding to the institution to reverse its “imminent collapse”.

Sattaur Gafoor in the temporary office which was set up after the fire

Gafoor’s, insurers in ‘stalemate’ over Houston Complex repairs

There is a “stalemate” between Gafoors and its insurance underwriters over how to proceed on a building that was damaged in the massive fire at the company’s Houston Complex last month but some reconstruction has started.

20160629digicel

Duo stole over $31M in electronics from Digicel

Two men were yesterday charged with stealing over $31 million in electronics belonging to Digicel Guyana Incorporated. Albert De Freitas, 27, and Basdeo Sackoon, 26, appeared before city magistrate Dylon Bess charged with stealing a total of $31,107,510 in items from the telecoms company.

default placeholder

Driver gets one year in jail for causing boy’s death

A man was yesterday sentenced to one year in jail after being found guilty of three offences, including causing the death of an 11-year-old child by dangerous driving.

default placeholder

Gov’t support for city’s financial measures to hinge on transparency, public interest

President David Granger on Monday said that central government’s support for the city’s measures to make itself financial sustainable would rest on transparency and the public’s interest.

default placeholder

Man arrested over ISIS bomb threat at city bank

A man was yesterday morning arrested after he entered a city bank and demanded $10M under the name of Islamic State (ISIS) before threatening to explode a bomb that he claimed he had on him.

Comments

About these comments

The comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity.

Stay updated! Follow Stabroek News on Facebook or Twitter.

Get the day's headlines from SN in your inbox every morning: