Against High Court decision: Dozens of protesters yesterday picketed the Ministry of Amerindian Affairs over a High Court decision against the village council of Isseneru as it relates to a mining claim. The protesters have argued that the court decision exposes the vulnerability of all Amerindian communities to mining and demonstrates the weakness of the Amerindian Act. An appeal is likely to be lodged to the decision. Several of the protesters called on Norway to `open its eyes’. Norway is providing money to Guyana in a forest protection deal. The projects under this arrangement could have repercussions on Amerindian communities. (Arian Browne photo)
- HAVE property to let or sell?
- CONCRETE house located in Section ‘K’ Campbellville
- QUAMINA Street, 3-flat 7-bedroom property with business space on ground floor.
- HIGH value transported land 0.357 of an acre and 2-bedroom house 26’ x 22’ in Hand-en-Veldt, Mahaica, ECD.
- TWO-STOREY house at North Ruimveldt 35’’ x 40’’ -$16M negotiable.
- Place Your AD Here