Four-year-old’s death should prompt overhaul of public health system
Natalie Caseley felt proud when the doctor who gave her four-year-old, who was still alert after two doses of anaesthesia, commented that the child was being fed well and was a strong boy. But that feeling quickly evaporated when she realized that something was dreadfully wrong after he had been taken into the theatre for a procedure that was not expected to last more than fifteen minutes and hours had elapsed.
Her son Jaden Mars died on December 11, after he was admitted to the Georgetown Public Hospital (GPH) for a bitten tongue, and now more than two weeks later, Caseley is a woman on a mission. That mission is to ensure that her son would not have died in vain …..To continue reading, login or subscribe now.