Free access to first round games for disappointed ticket holders

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC- About 200 ticket holders who were denied entry into the Queen’s Park Oval for the climax of the Trinidad and Tobago leg of the Caribbean T 20 tournament will not receive financial compensation.

However, free access to opening home games of the regional Super50 and four-day competitions will be granted to legitimate ticket holders, the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) has announced.
Disappointed fans were turned away as stands appeared filled on account of unruly patrons and counterfeit tickets forcing officials to shut the gates during the final game between the host and Guyana.

TTCB CEO Suruj Ragoonath says “legitimate ticket holders” will be compensated with free entry for T&T’s four-day game against Guyana at Queen’s Park Oval March 6-9 and the Super50 match against the same opponents on March 12.

“Once they have a legitimate ticket and once the legitimacy of their ticket is verified, we will allow them access,” Ragoonath said.

More than 20,000 spectators are reported to have attended the Queens Park Oval, lured by the second match which saw Trinidad and Tobago scoring an 80 run win over Guyana.

WICB had commended the TTCB’s hosting of the first leg of the Caribbean T20 and announced that history was created after matches were sold out for the first time in regional cricket history.

More in Sports


About these comments

The comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity.

Get the day's headlines from SN in your inbox every morning:

Most Read This Week

  1. Back in court: In this Keno George composite photo, Barry Dataram (left) and his wife Anjanie Boodnarine at court yesterday to answer three charges including fleeing the jurisdiction.

    Dataram to serve eight years in jail after guilty plea to new charges

  2. Yansen Brusche

    Ulverston mom of four stabbed to death by children’s father

  3. Ameer Abdool Subrati

    Man dies after bandits target overseas-based couple at Herstelling

  4. US Ambassador Perry Holloway and Finance Minister Winston Jordan shake hands after the signing of the agreement yesterday.

    Guyana inks pact for reporting to IRS on holdings of US citizens

  5. Updated: Man dies after bandits attack overseas-based Guyanese at Herstelling

  6. Barry Dataram

    Datarams getaway passports had been issued to other people

  7. Dr. Prudence Lewis-Bhola

    Prudence Lewis-Bhola appointed as CEO of broadcasting authority

  8. Bharrat Jagdeo

    Crime has never been this bad – Jagdeo

  9. Cops grilling taxi driver after passenger robbed of $6M on seawall

Recommended For You