T&T 18-year-old gunned down playing football

(Trinidad Express) Two more men were murdered on Saturday night in Barataria and Diego Martin carrying the country’s murder toll for the year so far to 49.
In the first incident police said 18-year-old Convine Anthony, of Centre Hill, Malick, Barataria, was playing a game of football with friends close to his home around 7.30 p.m. when a white Toyota car pulled up nearby. Occupants of the vehicle came out and opened fire hitting Anthony in the head.
Investigators said villagers in the area took Anthony to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mt Hope where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Police said they did not have a clear motive for the killing saying only that it may have been a random shooting.
In the other incident, officers said around 10.45 p.m. taxi driver Ricardo Small, 31, of Riverside Drive, Diego Martin dropped off two passengers at Factory Road and later went to Hillview Drive. While turning the vehicle officers said Small was approached by two men who opened fire. He was shot multiple times in the chest and died at the scene.
Homicide detectives along with officers of the St James Police Station visited the scene and carried out enquiries. Investigations into both incidents are continuing.

 



Join the Conversation

After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in you will be asked to log in or register.

The Comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit/delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity. We moderate ALL comments, so your comment will not be published until it has been reviewed by a moderator.