Sophia boy electrocuted by illegal wire

An eight-year-old boy of Plum Park, Sophia, was electrocuted by a live wire connection on Monday morning after he left his home to go fishing.

Joshua Regis, a student of Enterprise Primary School, East Coast Demerara, according to reports, left his home with the intention of catching fish in the drain next to his home.

At some point, while at the drain, Joshua  …..To continue reading, login or subscribe now.



Join the Conversation

After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in you will be asked to log in or register.

The Comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit/delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity. We moderate ALL comments, so your comment will not be published until it has been reviewed by a moderator.