Girl, 15, dies after ingesting poisonous substance

A 15-year-old girl died yesterday at the Georgetown Public Hospital where she had been hospitalized after ingesting a poisonous substance in her school’s washroom on Friday.

Dead is Leah Grant, a student of Brickdam Secondary School. Her death triggered chaos in the female ward around 6 pm, as shocked relatives who were visiting her began to scream and cry. Patients and their visitors rushed out of different rooms and nurses scurried around looking to calm them and find guards to remove the crowd gathering around the dead child’s bed.

“Bring her back! Y’all bring her back!” her sister cried, beating at her body …..To continue reading, login or subscribe now.



Join the Conversation

After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in you will be asked to log in or register.

The Comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit/delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity. We moderate ALL comments, so your comment will not be published until it has been reviewed by a moderator.