Five-storey complex to house food court, bar and restaurant

The five-storey building under construction at Camp and Robb Streets is intended to house a food court, bar and restaurant, according to its building plan.

This disclosure was made by City Hall Public Relations Officer Royston King, in a letter published in the March 10th edition of Stabroek News, where he noted that a plan for the building was approved last year by the Central Planning and Housing Authority.

“On April 16, 2013, the Central Housing and Planning Authority approved the plan for a Food Court, Restaurant and Bar at Camp and Robb Streets. On July 22, 2013, it was approved by the Mayor and City Council,” King said.

Vice Chairman of the City Works Committee Anthony ‘Trini’ Boyce had claimed that there was no building plan submitted to the committee.

City Engineer Colvern Venture, however, had dismissed the claim and said that a plan had indeed been approved by the full council.

It is still not clear if parking was factored into the building plan owing to the already congested area, where the building is being built.


About these comments

The comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity.