Sophia man shocked by live wire while retrieving kite

A Sophia man is now nursing severe burns about his body after coming into contact with a live wire while trying to retrieve a kite on Wednesday.

Clinton Charles, 20, is now a patient of the Georgetown Public Hospital, where he was admitted after the incident.

Following the episode, the Guyana Power and Light Inc (GPL) said in a press release that it speaks directly to the public disregarding precautionary warnings issued by the company during the Easter season. The company once again warned the public against flying kites near power lines. “This is the number one danger to which kite flyers are exposed. If perhaps it becomes entangled in our network, never try to recover it as tugging the kite can affect the quality of electricity being supplied to nearby communities and result in loss of life and/or injuries,” it added.

 

More in Local News

Comments

About these comments

The comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity.

Get the day's headlines from SN in your inbox every morning:

Most Read This Week

  1. Guyanese shot dead in Maryland

  2. Queens man gets 2-6 years for hit-and-run death of Guyanese

  3. Pastor on trial over rape of six-year-old

  4. Judiciary to write President over AG incident – source

  5. US$ rate is $230 -manufacturers

  6. Smart City Solutions terminates employment of 60

  7. Sex workers charged with violent robbery

  8. Pradoville 2 lots went ‘for a steal’ – Henry Jeffrey

  9. 51 year-old Guyanese wholesaler murdered in his T&T home


Recommended For You