Wharton admitted having sex with 9-yr-old Sade

–statement admitted into evidence

Jevon Wharton, the number one accused in the Sade Stoby murder, gave police a caution statement in which he admitted to having sex with nine-year-old child on the day she went missing.

Wharton, 23, and Charles Cush, 21, are on trial before Justice Navindra Singh and a mixed jury for Sade’s murder in November 2007 at Barnwell, Mocha, East Bank Demerara. They were 16 and 14 years old, respectively, at the time.

Wharton’s statement was admitted into evidence and marked as an exhibit in the trial following a voir dire to determine its admissibility.

The statement had been signed in the presence of Assistant Superintendent of Police Elston Baird and a businessman named Peter Leon Willems at the Brickdam Police Station.

Wharton, said in the statement, that on November 2, 2007 he had met Sade on the bridge and they had walked “up to how far no more shops were and we went in the bush and Sade, the little girl, tek off she clothes.”

He said they started “doing … sex” and when they finished, …..To continue reading, login or subscribe now.



Join the Conversation

After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in you will be asked to log in or register.

The Comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit/delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity. We moderate ALL comments, so your comment will not be published until it has been reviewed by a moderator.