Four die after drinking cocaine

Four persons are dead and a child remains hospitalized after they ingested a cocaine-laced liquid multivitamin which was left back by a guest who refused to take the items to the United States after being asked to do so by a man.

Dead are former army officer Alex Blair, 40, his reputed wife, hairdresser Simone Price, 36, their son, Jahaquel Blair, 6, a student of the St Pius Primary School and a family friend Natasha George, 36, who was an employee of John Fernandes Limited. Another son, Jamal Waterman, 12, who also drank some of the liquid but spat it out and drank juice to rid himself of the numbing taste, is currently being monitored at the Georgetown Public Hospital. The cocaine had been dissolved in a bottle of SSS tonic.

“Investigations so far have revealed that the bottle of SSS Tonic with the cocaine dissolved inside, along with casareep and chicken foot, had been left at the house by a man known to them for a female guest from overseas to take back when she was returning. She, however, did not carry the items and during this morning (yesterday), the victims consumed some of …..To continue reading, login or subscribe now.



Join the Conversation

After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in you will be asked to log in or register.

The Comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit/delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity. We moderate ALL comments, so your comment will not be published until it has been reviewed by a moderator.