SALVADOR, Brazil, (Reuters) – The Netherlands advanced to a World Cup semi-final with Argentina by beating Costa Rica on penalties after a cagey, tactical last-eight battle finished 0-0 after extra-time today. Substitute goalkeeper goalkeeper Tim Krul, introduced just for the shootout, saved from Bryan Ruiz and Michael Umana as the Netherlands triumphed 4-3. Costa Rica defended deeply from the start and goalkeeper Keylor Navas, whose performances have played a large part in his country’s run to the quarter-finals for the first time, was again in sharp form with a series of saves, while Wesley Sneijder hit a post with an 81st-minute free kick and Robin van Persie had a scrambled shot cleared off the line in stoppage time of normal time. The game blew wide open in extra time as Marcos Urena had a chance to win it for Costa Rica but had a shot well saved by Jasper Cillessen, while Sneijder hit the bar two minutes from the end.
- HAVE property to let or sell?
- CONCRETE house located in Section ‘K’ Campbellville
- QUAMINA Street, 3-flat 7-bedroom property with business space on ground floor.
- HIGH value transported land 0.357 of an acre and 2-bedroom house 26’ x 22’ in Hand-en-Veldt, Mahaica, ECD.
- TWO-STOREY house at North Ruimveldt 35’’ x 40’’ -$16M negotiable.
- Place Your AD Here