Link Show 25 will not be held from November 2-7 as previously announced after the script was submitted a day late but producer Ron Robinson says this decision is unfair.
In retaliation at this move by the management of the National Cultural Centre (NCC), Robinson and some of the cast in the production will be protesting in front of the NCC building this morning.
Stabroek News was unable to solicit a comment from the management of the NCC on the issue yesterday.
Robinson explained to Stabroek News last evening that he was involved in the Miriamy play held on September 15, GuyExpo and is also a part of the Mash 2008 and Carifesta 2008 committees, so he was unable to meet the deadline for submitting the script for the play.
He said that the script has to be submitted six weeks before the proposed date and because of his busy schedule he was unable to meet it. In light of this Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport, Dr Frank Anthony, he said, had given him up to October 8 to submit the script but owing to minor glitches he submitted it on the evening of October 9.
According to Robinson, the manager was not there so he left it in an envelope with the security guard.
The next day he received a letter from the manager informing him that the show could not be held in the proposed period because of his failure to meet the deadline and the reduced period for the reading committee to go through the script.
Robinson told this newspaper that the first couple of days could have been taken if that was needed to correct the problem.
He said that he contacted the manager several times for an explanation but he was just being pushed around.
“I am doing this because it is unfair, autocratic, pompous