An Enmore couple is in serious condition in the Burn Care Unit at the Georgetown Public Hospital after they were reportedly set on fire by their adult son.
Last Friday night Gaitrie Dhanraj, 52, was soaked in gasoline and lit afire after a misunderstanding with her son. The woman, reports said, ran shrieking through her house causing several items to be ignited in the process. Her reputed husband, Oswald Mohammed, also sustained burns about the body.
They were rushed to the hospital at about 11pm. Up to press time last night Dhanraj remained in serious condition.