Mon Repos carpenter dies after beating

-murder warrant out for Mark Gobin

On Saturday a man reportedly dealt a carpenter a beating following an argument and then took the injured man to the Georgetown Public Hospital (GPH) and left him.
Kawal Outar, 37, succumbed to his injuries shortly after he was rushed to the medical institution that day. His alleged attacker, Mark Gobin, is currently on the run and police last evening issued a wanted bulletin for him.

Outar’s body was taken to the GPH mortuary where it remained unidentified until Monday. His younger brother, Dhanpaul Mangla, told Stabroek News last evening that he lived alone some distance away from him in Block 8, Mon Repos, East Coast Demerara.

Mark Gobin

Mangla said he had last seen his brother alive on Saturday. Outar, according to him, had been “liming” at the Mon Repos Market area.
“I does usually see him and Saturday I see him and I know he was there but like I nah really to think to watch or call him,” Mangla said.
It was on Monday, Mangla recalled, that a lady from the Mon Repos Market asked him if he had seen his brother.

The woman, he said, related to him that Outar had been beaten by a man who then took him away in a car and he was never seen again.
Later on Monday, Mangla said, his brother’s friend informed him that Outar had been involved in a fight with a man and was taken to the hospital. It was then that Mangla decided to go in search of his brother and discovered that he had died several days before.
“Up to now I na really know is wa happen,” the distressed man said.

Reports reaching him so far, Mangla said, allege that Gobin and another man were in a vehicle at the market area when an argument started between the two. Gobin subsequently exited the vehicle and reportedly began beating Outar.

After the beating, Mangla related, Outar collapsed and his alleged attacker rushed him to the hospital and left him there. Gobin has been missing since then.

Kawal Outar

A post-mortem examination conducted on Wednesday revealed that Outar died from a fractured skull and other injuries which he suffered during the alleged beating. Outar was buried yesterday.

On Monday after relatives identified Outar’s body a friend who was with him on Saturday was taken into custody by police.
The friend, Mangla said, was released on Tuesday afternoon and later the same day police hauled in Gobin’s wife for questioning about his whereabouts. The woman has also been released from custody.

“I talk to he [Gobin] on the phone on Monday and Tuesday…I was doing like I de want buy he car to get he to come but after dem arrest he wife I na get he on the phone after then,” Mangla said.
The car, Mangla further said, was later found at the house of one of Gobin’s friend. Police currently have the vehicle in their custody.

Commander of Police ‘C’ Division, Assistant Commissioner Gavin Primo told Stabroek News yesterday that ranks were hunting for Gobin.
He said that currently there are only allegations against Gobin and police need to find and question him to get “the other side of the story”.
In a press release last evening police said Gobin is wanted for questioning in relation to murder which was committed on Saturday. The man’s last known address is Lot 180 Fourth Street, Mon Repos North.

Anyone with information that may lead to the arrest of Gobin is asked to contact police on telephone numbers 225-6411, 226-2917, 226-1326, 229-2700 to 2702, 225-7625 or 911 or the nearest police station.

Around the Web