The British High Commission will shortly be advertising for
applications for Chevening Scholarships for the academic year 2011/12. These are fully funded scholarships for Masters level studies at a UK University.
Because of delays in the UK over allocations, the advertising period is short – the deadline is April 15th.
* Have an excellent first degree (2.1minimum) with proven academic skills;
* Have excellent English language skills, both oral and written;
* Have a proven track record of success or excellence in their professional life; something that distinguishes them from their peers and contemporaries;
* Be able to show at interview that they possess the personal qualities to benefit from their scholarship and use it to succeed in their chosen careers
* Be committed to return to Guyana to pursue their careers;
If you feel you meet these criteria we would be very happy to hear from you. We are particularly interested in applicants with proven interests in the following areas:
* Human Rights
* Climate change or related fields
You must submit your application on-line at https://www.chevening.fco.gov.uk before 16.00 hrs Friday, 15 April 2011. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.