A two-year-old boy died today when he grabbed onto a live wire, part of the illegal wiring taking electricity into his home.

Dead is Jayo Lewis of Mai Mai Dam, Mount Sinai Squatting Area, New Amsterdam.

The child’s father Winston Lewis related that he had taken some sweets home and given them to his son and other children. In doing so some of the sweets fell into the yard, he said, and little Jayo went to retrieve them. It was while he was going this that he came into contact with the live wire. He died on the spot. There were burn marks in the palm of his hand.

Around the Web

Comments