Fire guts top flat of Cummings St house

A fire this afternoon destroyed the top storey of a Cummings Street, Albertown house.

At about 3.15 pm, the top flat of the 342 Cummings Street house went up flames, but quick response by the Guyana Fire Service saw the fire being contained to the upper flat of the two-storey building. There were no casualities.

Fire raging at the Cummings Street, Alberttown building this afternoon.

The house, which is located behind the business establishment Baron Foods (Guy), is owned by Elsa Phillips, who lives in the USA.

Caretaker of the building, Ingrid Grant told reporters that she had finished cleaning the house at about 2 pm and left to make a call at a nearby internet café.  She said that some time later, she heard a loud commotion outside and heard people shouting “fire”. When she emerged from the internet café she saw the top flat of the house on fire. She was unable to save anything.  She said she is unaware of what could have caused the blaze since she did not leave anything plugged in.

Around the Web

Comments