Fumes affecting Linden Hospital complex workers

The GPSU is threatening to call out its workers from the Linden Hospital Complex (LHC) lab today after fumes of an unknown origin resurfaced this morning. The department has been exposed to the fumes intermittently since last December.

GPSU’s Maurice Butters said that this morning workers indicated that despite some interventions by the hospital’s administration the fumes were very strong to the extent of causing skin irritation and the burning of nostrils. He said that the administration of the LHC has not been doing its best to investigate the root of the problem. LHC CEO Gordon Gumbs said that over the weekend some work was done to the air conditioning system as efforts are being made to find the origin of the fumes.

Around the Web

Comments