Fan causes small fire at Blood Bank

A small fire at the Blood Bank in the compound of the Georgetown Hospital last night sent two fire trucks racing through the city to quell the blaze. The fire was started by a fan, which had apparently been left plugged into the socket in the area where persons would normally donate blood. A guard patrolling the grounds saw the “red blaze” on the fan through the glass door and quickly alerted her colleagues who then summoned the electrician and the Fire Service. The former upon his arrival smashed the glass [injuring his hand in the process], entered the building and quickly unplugged the fan.

The fan was taken outside and doused with water. By the time the firemen arrived there wasn’t much to be done. The electrician’s wound was treated in the Accident and Emergency Unit of the Georgetown Public Hospital and he was sent away.

Around the Web

Comments