Norway names commission to judge attack response

OSLO,  (Reuters) – Norway appointed a nine-person  commission yesterday to investigate the attacks that killed 77  people last month, including the police response that has been  criticised as slow.

“The July 22 commission’s mandate is to lay out all relevant  facts about what happened, unvarnished and honest,” said Prime  Minister Jens Stoltenberg. Since the July 22 bombing and shootings, critics have called  into question the speed and competence of the emergency  response.

“To move forward as a nation we must be sure we know  everything about the events of July 22,” said Stoltenberg, who  gave the commission a year to submit a final report to him.

Around the Web

Comments