Defending regional Under-15 champions Trinidad and Tobago will come up against Guyana in the opening match of the regional Under 15 championships on Saturday at the Inshan Ali ground in Preysal, Trinidad.
The T&T Cricket Board (TTCB) yesterday released the fixtures for the tournament.
At the halfway stage all the regional teams will be able to benefit from a development seminar conducted by the TTCB.
All teams will arrive in Trinidad tomorrow and will have one day of practice on Friday before the tournament gets off on Saturday.
In addition to the T&T/Guyana clash, the Windward Islands will meet Jamaica at Munroe Road and the Leeward Islands will battle Barbados at the National Cricket Centre (NCC) in Couva.
The matches will be of two days duration and a champion will be crowned after five rounds of the round robin tournament.
President of the TTCB, Azim Bassarath said yesterday he was looking forward to a very good tournament and was very happy his board can play a part in the development of the game at the regional level.
“We see this stage as very critical and we have been able to come forward and host this tournament as a regional tournament. It gives us much pleasure in hosting our fellow territories and we look foward to seeing some the future of our cricket over the next few weeks.”
Regional Under 15 Itinerary:
June 30 Teams arrive
Round 1 – July 02 – 03
– T&T vs Guyana at Inshan Ali Ground.
– Windward Islands vs Jamaica at Munroe
– Leeward Island vs Barbados at NCC
Round 2 – July 05 – 06
– Barbados vs Windward Islands at
– Leeward Islands vs Guyana at Wilson Road.
– T&T vs Jamaica at NCC
July 7 – Development Seminar.
Round 3 – July 08 – 09
– Leeward Islands vs Windward Islands at NCC.
– Jamaica vs Guyana at Honeymoon Park.
– T&T vs Barbados at Gilbert Park.
Round 4 – July 11 – 12
– Guyana vs Barbados at Honeymoon Park.
– Jamaica vs Leeward Islands Gilbert Park.
– T&T vs Windward Islands NCC.
– Round 5 – July 14 – 15
– Guyana vs Windward Islands at Honeymoon Park.
-Leeward Islands vs T&T at NCC.
Jamaica vs Barbados at Inshan Ali Park.