Burnt two-yr-old recovering; uncle still unconscious

Kishan Ramdat, the Unity, Mahaica fisherman and his two-year-old niece who were injured in a gas explosion last week are still hospitalised in the Burn Care Unit of the Georgetown Public Hospital.

Ramdat’s father, Samaroo, told Stabroek News that two-year-old Prity was “coming around” and that although she was talking, she was still in some about of pain.

He said Kishan was still unconscious and he was told by doctors that his son had lost a lot of blood and currently needed one more pint.

Samaroo had told Stabroek News that his son had lit a cigarette and apparently fallen asleep next to a gas container and the next thing they heard was a boom and then they saw a big ball of fire. He added that it was while Kishan was running past his granddaughter she caught afire too.

Samaroo said his son then fainted and fell to ground, hitting his head in the process and lost consciousness. Neighbours doused both him and the infant and a neighbour rushed them to the hospital.

He added that the family was trying to pick up the pieces after the incident since Kishan contributed financially to the family and as he was not working it was difficult to make ends meet at the moment.

Around the Web

Comments