Cummings Lodge Community Centre receives donation

The Cummings Lodge Community Centre at 1246 Cummings Park, E Field 5 on July 6, 2013 received a donation from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, as part of the church’s humanitarian projects in Guyana.

Among the items donated were four sewing machines, material for school clothing, a printer, a water cooler, tiles for the kitchen floor and items for seven chicken pens.
They were handed over by Marcia McKenzie, Assistant Director of Public Affairs Council of the church.

From left: Marcia McKenzie, Eugene Lewis and Mrs Young, a community member with some the donated items
From left: Marcia McKenzie, Eugene Lewis and Mrs Young, a community member with some the donated items

The Cummings Lodge Community Centre is managed by Eugene Lewis who along with volunteers from the community assists women to become self reliant in order to provide for their families. The centre also provides daily meals for children in the community.

The Latter Day Saint Charities has been providing humanitarian supplies for countries worldwide since 1991 although the church has been involved in several charitable programmes prior to that time.

Around the Web

Comments