In T&T: Two men shot dead; two injured in attack on wake

(Trinidad Express) TWO men were shot dead and two oth­ers wounded in three separate instances that occurred on Thursday night.

According to police reports, offi­cers responded to a report of a loud explosion in La Horquetta Boulevard, La Horquetta, around 10.45 p.m.

When they arrived, they discovered the body of 25-year-old Joel “Smo­­key” Andall, of Phase Two, La Hor­quetta, lying on the side of road with multiple gunshot wounds. He died on the scene.

Police have not yet determined a motive for the killing of the father of two.

In the second killing, maxi-taxi conductor Da­vid Chance, 29, of Samaroo Village, Arima, was shot dead by a passenger.

Police reports are that Chance was aboard an Arima-to-Port-of-Spain maxi around 9.30 p.m. when two men entered.

The men asked to be dropped off at Red Hill, D’Abadie, and while alighting, one man paid the driver while the other shot Chance. Both men ran off.

The driver then took Chance to the Ari­ma Health Facility, but he died during treatment around 10.15 p.m.

The murder toll stood at 298, according to an Express tally.

In the other shooting incidents, two men were shot at the wake for murder victim Kernel Jobe.

Police report 27-year-old Devon Lewis and 25-year-old Marvin Solomon were at the wake on the corner of Sunset Drive and Train Line Road, Malabar, around 8.45 p.m., when a red car pulled up outside.

Two men came out of the vehicle and fired several shots. Lewis was shot in the foot while Solomon was shot in the finger.

Both men were taken to the Ari­ma Health Facility where Lewis was treated and transferred to the Eric Williams Medical Complex in Mt Hope where he is currently warded; Solomon was treated and discharged.

Jobe, along with Shiyloh McIntosh, was killed on Tuesday night in Malabar.

Jobe, 27, of Cocorite Road, Sunset Avenue, Arima, and McIntosh, 21, of Guerra Street, Calvary Hill, in Ari­ma, were with a group of men at an abandoned house in Mahogany Drive, Malabar, Arima, around 8 p.m., when they were approached by three men who fired several shots at the group.

McIntosh was shot in the head and died at the scene while Jobe received injuries about his body and was taken to the Arima Health Facility where he succumbed to his injuries at 8.25 p.m.

Investigations are continuing into all three incidents.

Around the Web