Arthur reaches deal with Cricket Australia over sacking

(Reuters) – Former Australia coach Mickey Arthur has come to a financial settlement with Cricket Australia (CA) following his sacking from the national team last month, the two parties said in a joint statement yesterday.

The South African was replaced by Darren Lehmann just over two weeks before the Ashes series with England began on July 10 after a string of poor results and ill-discipline in the squad. He launched an unfair dismissal claim, demanding US$3.6 million in compensation or reinstatement, saying he was forced to take legal action because Cricket Australia officials had failed to get in touch with him following his sacking.

However, a confidential settlement has now been agreed.

“Both Mickey and CA agree that it is unfortunate that the dispute was not settled prior to the issuing of legal proceedings,” they said in yesterday’s statement.

Around the Web

Comments