Three million dollar payout for Red Force

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC-Trinidad and Tobago Red Force will receive a TT$3 million payout for their participation in this year’s Champions League Twenty20 (CLT20) in India, cricket officials here have said.

The $3 million payout will come from 50 per cent of the US$500,000 CLT20 participation fee, 75 per cent of the “guaranteed prize money” of US$200,000 for reaching the group stage, and 50 per cent of the team’s sponsorship contracts with NGC and the Ministry of Tourism.

A release from the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) also said that the players will receive more money should the team progress to the knockout round of the tournament.

The TTCB release also praised the new leadership of the West Indies Players’ Association (WIPA), led by president Wavell Hinds, for the way the negotiations with the Board were handled.

Last year the two parties could not come to an agreement. “The TTCB takes this opportunity to thank the new leadership of WIPA led by Wavell Hinds for its balanced and responsible approach to matters relating to the Red Force’s participation in the 2013 Champions League,” the statement said.

“Our Board is extremely heartened by the positive collaboration between WIPA, WICB (West Indies Cricket Board), the TTCB and the private sector and we are very optimistic that this new approach signals the beginning of a new era of success for West Indies cricket”.

T&T left for India on Monday and will play their first game in the tournament on Sunday.

CMC/rt/13

Around the Web

Comments