Enmore villager wins car in Courts promotion

Enmore villager Francis Koo (third from left) as he receives the key to his new Mazda Demio car from Marketing Director of Courts Molly Rampersaud. With them are some of Courts’ marketing staff.

Just days after considering buying a car, Enmore villager Francis Koo received a new Mazda Demio when he was named the second and final winner of Courts’ ‘TCL Gives you a Brand New Ride’ promotion yesterday.

Koo stated that when he received the call, he was certain that it was a prank. It was only after a lengthy investigation that was he able to determine that he was not being duped by a friend.

Koo explained that he had been a customer of Courts for 19 years and had recently paid out his last account

Enmore villager Francis Koo (third from left) as he receives the key to his new Mazda Demio car from Marketing Director of Courts Molly Rampersaud. With them are some of Courts’ marketing staff.
Enmore villager Francis Koo (third from left) as he receives the key to his new Mazda Demio car from Marketing Director of Courts Molly Rampersaud. With them are some of Courts’ marketing staff.

with the company. The car he had planned on purchasing, he continued, had been valued at $1.8M.

Molly Rampersaud, Marketing Manager at Courts, explained that the company takes time and effort to ensure that its customers are happy and comfortable.

“The joy that Mister Koo and his family [have] felt today is exactly what we at Courts want to do for our customers and will continue to do for our customers,” Rampersaud said.

In December, police officer Fizal Mohamed was the winner of the first Mazda Demio car in the TCL promotion.

To be eligible to enter the promotion, Courts’ customers had to purchase any TCL television, 32” and above. The television purchased by Koo was a 39” TCL television. The promotion began on November 1 and concluded on December 31.

 

Comments  

Billions diverted by prison unrest partly to blame for GuySuCo severance shortfall in budget – Trotman

Alliance for Change (AFC) leader Raphael Trotman yesterday said the diversion of billions to the security sector after the destruction of the Camp Street prison was partly responsible for the government not budgeting the full sum for severance payments to laid off sugar workers.

Cops seek motive for Pomeroon murders

  The police were up to yesterday afternoon still working to ascertain the motive behind the murders of Ambrose Baharally and Martin Godette, the Pomeroon farmers who were shot dead on Sunday and a potential witness was taken into custody to assist with the investigation.

Ramotar claims gov’t ignored promised India loans for sugar industry

Former President Donald Ramotar has accused the current government of accepting loans from India that he initiated except those pertaining to the rehabilitation of the sugar industry but State Minister Joseph Harmon says he is unaware of the claim and has urged that the former head of state prove it.

Child rapist sentenced to 45 years

Omadat Persaud, who was on trial for raping a five-year-old girl in 2015, was yesterday afternoon sentenced to 45 years in jail after a jury unanimously convicted him of the crime.

Mother urges justice for vendor killed by city cop

The mother of Marlon Fredericks, the mentally-challenged vendor who was fatally shot by a member of the city constabulary on Sunday, yesterday called for justice for her son, while saying that an autopsy found that he died of a gunshot wound to his chest.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

We built stabroeknews.com using new technology. This makes our website faster, more feature rich and easier to use for 95% of our readers.
Unfortunately, your browser does not support some of these technologies. Click the button below and choose a modern browser to receive our intended user experience.

Update my browser now

×