14-year-old recovering after being hit by car

Esther Mohammed, the 14-year-old who was struck by a car in an accident on Monday on the Unity Public Road, is on the road to recovery, relatives have said.

Mohammed, a student of  La Bonne Intention Secondary and who hails from Plaisance Squatting Area (not Unity as was previously reported), was crossing the road at Unity when she was struck down by a vehicle. She sustained severe head injuries and her hip was broken in two places as a result.

When Stabroek News spoke with her grandmother yesterday afternoon, she said that Mohammed was being prepared to be taken to the High Dependency Unit (HDU) of the Georgetown Public Hospital. “She moving she eye and moving she feet and so on. They tell me that when they get space they are going to move her up in the ward,” the woman said.

Comments  

Venezuela’s ally St. Lucia mulls ending visa-free entry for Venezuelans

Allen Chastanet   CASTRIES, St. Lucia, (Reuters) – The prime minister of the small Caribbean country of St.

I have never signed any Gecom contract in my capacity of Deputy Chief Election Officer and PRO

Dear Editor, Kindly publish my response, as follows, with regard to an anonymous letter published by the Guyana Chronicle on Wednesday, August 16, 2017, under the caption ‘Will the Auditor General investigate the deputy chief elections officer?’ Editor, this letter is the second deliberate attempt aimed at besmirching my integrity, obviously with clandestine objectives. 

Minister Hastings-Williams reassigned to Ministry of the Presidency

President David Granger, today, announced that Minister within the Ministry of Communities,  Dawn Hastings-Williams will assume the portfolio of Minister of Public Affairs in the Ministry of the Presidency with effect from September 1, 2017.

South African police confirm Grace Mugabe remains in the country

Grace Mugabe   JOHANNESBURG,  (Reuters) – South African police confirmed on Wednesday that Zimbabwean first lady Grace Mugabe remained in the country and had applied for diplomatic immunity after being accused of assaulting a 20-year-old model in an upmarket Johannesburg hotel.

Daniel Craig confirms he will return as James Bond

Daniel Craig   LONDON, (Reuters) – British actor Daniel Craig has confirmed he will reprise the role of James Bond one last time, ending months of speculation.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

We built stabroeknews.com using new technology. This makes our website faster, more feature rich and easier to use for 95% of our readers.
Unfortunately, your browser does not support some of these technologies. Click the button below and choose a modern browser to receive our intended user experience.

Update my browser now

×