Man charged with second taxi driver murder

Shawn Edinboro, accused of murdering a taxi driver, was yesterday charged with a second murder of a similar nature.

Edinboro and Lorenzo Forde were yesterday jointly charged with the murder of Pegasus taxi driver Rudranauth Jeeboo in light of new evidence revealed by the police investigation.

The duo appeared before Magistrate Fabyo Azore, where they were not required to plead to the charge.

 Shawn Edinboro
Shawn Edinboro

According to Prosecutor Stephen Telford, between the 27th and 28th of December last year, the two men flagged down the taxi driver, who picked them up. During the course of the journey, they killed Jeboo and dumped his body in a garbage heap.

Lorenzo Forde
Lorenzo Forde

Forde was originally charged for the murder of Jeboo on February 3rd before Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry. However, while investigations into Jeboo’s murder were underway, the police were also investigating the murder of another taxi driver, Rafael Campbell. During this investigation, they realised that the prints of the main suspect, Edinboro, were also present on the crime scene materials of Jeboo.

As a result, the murder charge against Forde was withdrawn, and instead, Forde and Edinboro were jointly charged. The two men are suspected to be accomplices in other crimes as both murders were similar in nature. Both victims were taxi drivers whose bodies were dumped in different locations. The body of Jeboo was found in a garbage heap in South Ruimveldt whereas Campbell’s was found in Lilliendaal.

Comments  

Billions diverted by prison unrest partly to blame for GuySuCo severance shortfall in budget – Trotman

Alliance for Change (AFC) leader Raphael Trotman yesterday said the diversion of billions to the security sector after the destruction of the Camp Street prison was partly responsible for the government not budgeting the full sum for severance payments to laid off sugar workers.

Cops seek motive for Pomeroon murders

  The police were up to yesterday afternoon still working to ascertain the motive behind the murders of Ambrose Baharally and Martin Godette, the Pomeroon farmers who were shot dead on Sunday and a potential witness was taken into custody to assist with the investigation.

Ramotar claims gov’t ignored promised India loans for sugar industry

Former President Donald Ramotar has accused the current government of accepting loans from India that he initiated except those pertaining to the rehabilitation of the sugar industry but State Minister Joseph Harmon says he is unaware of the claim and has urged that the former head of state prove it.

Child rapist sentenced to 45 years

Omadat Persaud, who was on trial for raping a five-year-old girl in 2015, was yesterday afternoon sentenced to 45 years in jail after a jury unanimously convicted him of the crime.

Mother urges justice for vendor killed by city cop

The mother of Marlon Fredericks, the mentally-challenged vendor who was fatally shot by a member of the city constabulary on Sunday, yesterday called for justice for her son, while saying that an autopsy found that he died of a gunshot wound to his chest.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

We built stabroeknews.com using new technology. This makes our website faster, more feature rich and easier to use for 95% of our readers.
Unfortunately, your browser does not support some of these technologies. Click the button below and choose a modern browser to receive our intended user experience.

Update my browser now

×