Contracts to a total value of around $1.5b were announced at the Ministry of the Presidency yesterday and they include large sums for text books and roads and $39.8m for the Police Mounted Branch Stables.
A press release issued by the Ministry of the Presidency follows:
region 3 – a total cost of $271,525,170:
- Rehabilitation/construction of Hague Backdam, West Coast Demerara – $32,229,060 – contracts awarded to BK International Inc.
- Rehabilitation/construction of Vergenoegen sideline dam, East Bank Essequibo –
$13,537,500 – contracts awarded to Puran Bros. Disposal Inc.
Rehabilitation/construction of Mora farm, Leguan -$13,760,190 – contracts awarded to Eron Lall Civil Engineering Works
- Upgrading of access roads & bridges, Parika public road to Ruby/Parika cross dam and to Parika primary school, an increase of $ 158,000,000 -additional works on contract awarded to Guyamerica Construction Inc.
- Rehabilitation/construction of sideline dam, Fellowship, and main access road, Best village, West Coast Demerara – $24,174,420-contracts awarded to Compustruct Engineering Inc.
- For the construction of a sluice at Waterloo, Leguan – an increase of $4,960,000 from $33,930,000 to $38,890,000- contract awarded to Roopan Ramotar Investments
- For the construction of drainable pumps at Windsor Forest and Canal No. 1 Polder – an increase of $8,099,500 from $8,130,000 to $16,299,500- contract awarded to E & A Consultants Inc.
- For the construction of sluice at Bagotville -an increase of $16,764,500 from $48,698,075 to $65,462,575 -contract awarded to Jainul Hossain Civil Engineering Contracting Services
Region 4 – A TOTAL COST OF $327,943,436:
- Rehabilitation/construction of Third street, Caneville, East Bank Demerara- $34,945,625 -contracts awarded to H. Nauth and Sons
- Rehabilitation/construction of Fourth Street, Caneville, East Bank Demerara, – $32,980,900 -contracts awarded to A & S General Contractors Inc.
- Rehabilitation/construction of Diamond Special Needs School Street, Little Diamond, East Bank Demerara, – $9,662,740 – contracts awarded to Compustruct Engineering Inc.
- Rehabilitation/construction of Burial Ground Street, Little Diamond, East Bank Demerara – $8,225,100 – contract awarded to Puran Bros. Disposal Inc.
- Rehabilitation/construction of Wadja Street, Little Diamond, East Bank Demerara – $8,396,500 – contract awarded to Courtney Benn Contracting Services Ltd.
- Rehabilitation/construction of Sideline Dam, Land of Canaan – $17,173,300 – contract awarded to V. Dalip Enterprise
- Rehabilitation/construction of Marfriend road, Friendship-$16,367,311 -contract awarded to Courtney Benn Contracting Services Ltd.
- Rehabilitation/construction of Better Hope, South Road Network, East Coast Demerara- $24,720,450 – contract awarded to K. B & B Contractors.
- Rehabilitation/construction of Goedverwagting housing scheme road network, East Coast Demerara – $34,945,625 – contract awarded to H. Nauth & Sons.
- Rehabilitation/construction of Vigilance South main access and Graham Street, Plaisance, East Coast Demerara -$33,171,550 – contracts awarded to Handel Garnett Construction Firm.
- Rehabilitation/construction of continuation of ‘D’ Field Sophia main access and Enterprise Gardens, East Coast Demerara – $92,047,845 – contract awarded to Eron Lall Civil Engineering Works
- Rehabilitation of Hope Pump Station – an increase of $6,306,490 from $13,005,880 to $19,312,370 – contract awarded to Khan’s Construction Services
Region 5 – A TOTAL COST OF MG$141,921,001:
- Rehabilitation/construction of Burma road – $72,216,640 -contract awarded to Associated Construction Services
- Rehabilitation/construction of Mahaicony Branch road – $69,704,361 -contract awarded to K.P. Jagdeo
- Construction of sluice at Profit, Abary – an increase of MG$6,288,102 from $139,568,377 to $145,856,479 – contract awarded to Courtney Benn Contracting Services
Construction of potable water wells
- Lot 1 – Construction of potable well at Port Mourant Region 6 at a cost of $67,432,040 – contract awarded to Nabi Construction Inc.
- Lot 2 – Construction of potable well at Sophia, Region 4 at a cost of $52,999,804 -contract awarded to S. Jagmohan Hardware Supplies & Construction Services
- Construction of the North Eastern Stand of the Synthetic track & field facility – Leonora, Region 3 at a cost of $57,717,120 – contract awarded to Builder’s Hardware & General Supplies
- Construction of Tower foundation Electrical foundation, electrical building and transformer pad – Synthetic track & field facilities – Leonora, an increase of $3,041,387 from $12,961,786 to $16,003,173 – contract awarded to Cummings Electrical co. Ltd.
- Construction of Clubhouse/Pavilion – Synthetic track & field facility – Leonora, an increase of $3,089,897 from $54,420,784 to $57,510,681
Procurement of electrical line hardware materials for the central housing & planning authority
Lot 1 – Supply of electrical line hardware at a cost of $12,140,435 – contract awarded to Tel’s Engineering Inc.
Lot 2 – Supply of transformers at a cost of $15,505,910 – contract awarded to SPR Enterprise
Lot 3 – Supply of conductors at a cost of $57,596,025 – contract awarded to Ramoutar & Sons
Lot 4 – Supply of pole steps at a cost of $31,515,750 – contract awarded to Ramoutar & Sons
Total cost of $116,758,120
- Construction of GECOM Registration Office – Annai Village – Region 9 at a cost of $20,673,344 – contract awarded to JPM General Construction & Engineering Services
Georgetown Public Hospital
Purchase of two Mobile Universal Operating Tables & Accessories at a cost of $22,888,723 contract awarded to Medifa
- Procurement of two Anesthesia Systems at a cost of $21,000,000 – contract awarded to KD Enterprise
- Procurement of two Puritan Ventilators at a cost of $19,000,000 – contract awarded to KD Enterprise
Total cost $62,888,723
- Construction of new operating Theatre & ICU, Ambulatory Care & Diagnostic Centre – Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation an increase of $12, 690, 300 from $33,101,783 to $45,792, 083
- Procurement of textbooks from publishers – Ministry of education
- Oxford University Press – £41,464.89
- Macmillan Distribution – £45,919.71
- Holder Education International – £80,482.21
Mohamed’s Book Store Associates Ltd. US$342,453.
- Provision of security services for Regional Buildings & Offices – Region 5 – Ministry of Communities at a cost of $279,079,296 contract awarded to Home Safe Security & Domestic Services
- Rehabilitation of the Mounted Branch Stables – Guyana Police Force at a cost of $39,892,335 contract awarded to PD Contracting
- Construction & rehabilitation of road from Brian Sucre junction to Mahdia – Region 8 at a cost of $32,873,100 contract awarded to V. Dalip Enterprise
Total contracts awarded $1,490,525,07