US Embassy: No final extradition request for Jack, yet

(Trinidad Express) – The final request for the extradition of Independent Liberal Party (ILP) political leader, Jack Warner, has not yet been issued.

This is according to the United States Embassy, Port-of-Spain. The Embassy issued a media release yesterday stating that the US Department of Justice has not yet sent any final requests on the Warner extradition request to the Trinidad and Tobago authorities. The release stated that it was still within the 60-day window specified by the treaty for the final request to be delivered.

The US Embassy was responding to reports that the official documentation had been delivered to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The Express was informed that around midday on Sunday the package was dropped off via courier and will be sent to Central Authority head Netram Kowlessar.

Speaking at a meeting at Hatters panyard in San Fernando on Sunday evening, Warner said there was no cause to worry. He warned supporters that in the coming weeks they will hear many things about him and the US charges.

“You will hear Jack Warner is guilty and you will hear them say he should leave and go to the US and be tried. You will hear them say he can’t go to France. You know how many times I went to France with my own money. I have gone to more countries in the world than any of the combined, so I don’t have to go to France. What I want to do is to come to places like Hatters panyard and see the people’s problems,” he said.

Around the Web

Comments