Alleged mastermind/s may face charge over Robb St granny murder

The individual/s who allegedly planned the murder of 72-year-old Clementine Fiedtkou-Parris, who was gunned down at her home almost five years ago, may face charges soon.

Crime Chief Wendell Blanhum on Wednesday told Stabroek News that a case file was submitted to the Guyana Police Force’s legal advisor and returned with recommendations that the police conduct further investigations to gathering enough evidence against the person/s who allegedly planned the killing of Fiedtkou-Parris.

Fiedtkou-Parris was shot by one of two men who visited her Lot 42 Robb Street home on June 30, 2011 and inquired for her, police had said. As she came out of her bedroom, she was shot several times to the upper part of her body. The men then jumped into a waiting car while the injured woman was rushed to the Georgetown Hospital, where she was pronounced dead shortly after.

Clementine Fiedtkou-Parris
Clementine Fiedtkou-Parris

The woman’s property was apparently the centre of a bitter dispute.

Four men, Cleon Hinds, Orwin Hinds, Roy Jacobs and Kevin October were charged with the crime and were found guilty at the conclusion of their trail at the High Court, in Georgetown, in November, last year. They were each sentenced to 81 years in jail by Justice Navindra Singh.

Following the conviction of the men, persons close to the woman remain convinced that the killers acted on orders which had their genesis in then ongoing attempts to have the woman vacate the property she occupied.

Jacobs, in a caution statement that he gave to the police and which was read during the trial, had implicated a city businessman.

“Before we did go pon de wuk, Otis went telling me that we didn’t got fuh worry because ‘Trans’ live next door and that’s how I get fuh figure out that is Trans’ work. About a week before, Trans—I think he name Satesh, because I hear Otis calling he Satesh—he come in Albouystown and he and Otis did talking and he did telling Otis that he and a lady deh in court over some land dispute and how de lady is a cross and he want she go down,” Jacobs said, according to the statement.

Orwin Hinds, in his caution statement, which was also admitted at the trial, also indicated that the land dispute was behind the crime.

“Me and my friend meet ‘Black Boy’ and ‘Dutchie’ at the 40 bus park and ‘Black Boy’ tell we that he does work for a big Indian man and the man want he to kill a woman over some land problem. And they want to use the gun to do the work. I ask them how much money they getting to do the work and ‘Black Boy’ said $1.5 million for she head and that them gon’ give we one hundred thousand dollars to rent the gun. Me tell he that I gon’ rent he the gun when they ready,” the statement read.

 

 

Around the Web

Comments