Man left for dead after Tain hit and run

A 64-year-old Tain Settlement, Corentyne, Berbice man was left dead on the Tain Public Road, after he was struck by a car on Sunday evening.

Andre Buchan, also known as “Nalvan,” who was a former GuySuCo employee of Lot 51 Block 4 Tain Settlement, was heading to deliver food for a friend when he was struck on the road around 7 pm.

Police have since launched an investigation. However, Stabroek News was told that no arrest had been made up to yesterday afternoon.

A police source said that some persons are claiming that Buchan was reportedly intoxicated and lying on the main road at the time of accident.

Andre Buchan

Buchan’s brother, Michael Latchaya, 48, told Stabroek News that his family received a message that a car had hit Buchan. The man related that family members then rushed to the scene, where they discovered Buchan’s lifeless body in a “pile of blood.”

According to Latchaya, the family was told, “One car sway away and one hit him and gone.” Residents said Buchan was bleeding from his nose, mouth and ears after he was struck.

Traffic Chief for ‘B’ Division Boodnarine Persaud along with other traffic police visited the scene yesterday to gather more information on the car that hit Buchan.

Residents related that they heard an impact, after which they saw a white car stop. The driver reportedly exited and looked around. However, it was then that another car reportedly sped past. It is unclear whether both cars would have come in contact with Buchan.

Buchan was a father of one.

Around the Web

Comments