Windies selectors keep faith with same 13 for India series

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC – Selectors have named an unchanged 13-man West Indies squad to face India in the opening doubleheader of the five-match one-day series starting here next Friday.

It includes one uncapped player in seamer Kesrick Williams who was drafted into the squad for the third one-dayer against Afghanistan last week, following injury to speedster Shannon Gabriel.

Williams has played eight Twenty20 Internationals and was the leading bowler in the three-match series against the Afghans.

The side gathered here following the rained out third One-Day International against Afghanistan last week, to prepare for the upcoming rubber.

West Indies will need to lift their game significantly if they are to challenge the Indians, who lost the final of the ICC Champions Trophy in London on Sunday.

They were poor against the Afghans, suffering a stunning 63-run defeat in the opener before labouring to a four-wicket win in the second game in pursuit of 136.

West Indies are expected to play a warm-up game against a Trinidad and Tobago XI on Tuesday.

SQUAD – Jason Holder (captain), Devendra Bishoo, Jonathan Carter, Roston Chase, Miguel Cummins, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Evin Lewis, Jason Mohammed, Ashley Nurse, Kieran Powell, Rovman Powell, Kesrick Williams.

 

Comments  

Rain hits Divali celebrations in T&T

Moruga/Tableland MP Dr Lovell Francis chats with two of his constituents whose yard was flooded following heavy overnight rains into yesterday.

FBI opens investigation into South Africa’s Guptas – FT

India-born South African businessmen brothers, Atul, Rajesh and Ajay Rajesh Gupta. The Gupta family, one of South Africa’s wealthiest, has been accused of wielding undue influence behind the scenes.

Long term interests should guide award of oil exploration leases -Greenidge

Although government’s advisor on oil and gas, Jan Mangal, has argued that competitive bidding should be employed in the award of future oil exploration leases, Minister of Foreign Affairs Carl Greenidge says such an approach may not benefit Guyana’s interests in the long term.

Cops not focusing on M&CC officials’ failure to report sexual abuse of boy

Police investigators will be focusing on the alleged sexual abuse of a 15-year-old boy committed by a city constabulary officer two months ago and not on the failure of the Mayor of City Council (M&CC) of Georgetown to report the case in a timely manner, ‘A’ Division Commander Marlon Chapman said yesterday.

Suspect in Da Silva St arson tried to set wife on fire

A domestic brawl nearly turned deadly on Tuesday night when a man allegedly armed himself with a bottle of gasoline and attempted to set his wife on fire at Newtown, Kitty.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

We built stabroeknews.com using new technology. This makes our website faster, more feature rich and easier to use for 95% of our readers.
Unfortunately, your browser does not support some of these technologies. Click the button below and choose a modern browser to receive our intended user experience.

Update my browser now

×