Updated: Police say one body recovered from Moruca boat collision

The body of George Piper was found about at 08:00h this morning by ranks of the Coast Guard who continue their search for Piper ‘s brother Ravin.The brothers were tossed out of their vessel at the mouth of the Moruca River, North West District about 22:00h on the 14th last. At the time they were returning home from the Pomeroon River in a 17 feet vessel, captained by owner Uklana France of Father’s Beach, North West District, Region One and who was rescued. The mishap occurred when a vessel owned by the Kumaka District Hospital, allegedly collided with the other. As a result of the impact, the captain of the Government Vessel  and four occupants were also hurled overboard.

Editor’s note: An earlier version of this story had said that the two missing men were a father and son.

 

 

 

Comments  

Body of raped Berbice boy found

The body of 13-year-old Leonard Archibald, who was raped and then dumped in the Berbice River, was recovered this afternoon.

Florida court orders Duprey to pay US$60m

Lawrence Duprey (Trinidad Express) Former executive chairman of CL Financial Lawrence Duprey was ordered by a Florida judge in July to pay more than US$60 million to British American Insurance Company (BAICO) in damages in relation to the TT$1.9 billion Green Island project in Osceola County, Florida.

PPP/C committed to constitution reform – Jagdeo

Bharrat Jagdeo The PPP/C is committed to constitutional reform, says Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo.

Guyanese man to be jailed for 20 years over hate crimes against Muslims in NY

Ray Lengend Ray Lengend who went on a fire-bombing spree of mosques throughout southeast Queens, this week pleaded guilty to the crimes against Muslims who the 45-year-old Guyanese man claimed in 2012 had been “trying to take over his life”, according to the Times Ledger in Queens, New York.

Small N.Korean quake likely natural, not nuclear test – experts

BEIJING/SEOUL, (Reuters) – A small earthquake near North Korea’s nuclear test site on Saturday was probably not manmade, the nuclear proliferation watchdog and a South Korean official said, easing fears Pyongyang had exploded another nuclear bomb just weeks after its last one.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

We built stabroeknews.com using new technology. This makes our website faster, more feature rich and easier to use for 95% of our readers.
Unfortunately, your browser does not support some of these technologies. Click the button below and choose a modern browser to receive our intended user experience.

Update my browser now

×