The introduction of parking meters should be acceptable on the following terms:
- a) The charge to be $20.00 (twenty dollars) per hour or part thereof
- b) No one can be exempt; all ministers of the government, government workers, everyone has to pay
- c) The hours 8 am to 4 pm every working day
- d) Clamping and tow charges should not amount to more than two days at the minimum wage.
- e) Private parking lots should be encouraged.
As regards the ‘Council’: Those members who supported the original contract, (as appeared in the press), have shown that they are incompetent to carry out the duties of the City Council. No qualified person could possibly approve such a deal, hence they should resign.