Liverpool reject third Barcelona bid for Coutinho

LONDON, (Reuters) – Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Barcelona for playmaker Philippe Coutinho, sources said on Friday.

Reports in British media put the latest bid at 125 million euros ($146.85 million), as the Spanish club continue to seek a replacement for Coutinho’s Brazil team mate Neymar, who they sold to Paris St Germain for a world record 222 million euros earlier this month.

Manager Juergen Klopp has previously insisted that the 25-year-old would not be sold, although last weekend he said that if Liverpool’s owners decided to accept a bid there was nothing he could do about it.

Coutinho will miss Saturday’s match at home to Crystal Palace because he still has a back injury, Klopp told reporters on Thursday.

Comments  

Nagamootoo urges Commonwealth Federation to unite through sports

A call by acting President Moses Nagamootoo urging the Commonwealth Federation to unite through sports was made yesterday at Olympic House (Liliendaal) during his keynote address at the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) meeting of the Americas and the Caribbean.

Guyana’s sports objective is to become globally recognized

By Noelle Smith If he could get one wish granted immediately it would be for the playing fields and various sporting arenas across the country to be in proper condition.

Johns trumps field in Victor Macedo Memorial road race

In an extraordinary display of speed, grit and stamina, Team Coco’s Jamal John emerged winner of the grueling 80-mile Victor Macedo Memorial road race yesterday.

Adams’ century takes E’bo over the line despite Barnwell’s six-for

Essequibo remained at the top of the points table after completing an exciting three – wicket victory over Georgetown in fourth-round action of the Guyana Cricket Board/Jaguars three – day franchise league at the Tuschen Sports Club ground, East Bank Essequibo, yesterday.

By ,

Junior CASA career has been a fairytale

The aspirations of the petite, 23-year-old national and regional squash champion, Mary Fung-A-Fat, was to simply live a childhood dream of ‘going pro.’ On September 18, Mary participated in her debut match as a full-time pro at the 2017 Nash Cup tournament in London, Ontario, Canada where she gave a solid account of herself despite dropping her match against her English counterpart.

By ,

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

We built stabroeknews.com using new technology. This makes our website faster, more feature rich and easier to use for 95% of our readers.
Unfortunately, your browser does not support some of these technologies. Click the button below and choose a modern browser to receive our intended user experience.

Update my browser now

×