The stage is set for the Kennard’s Memorial Turf Club (KMTC) Xmas meet scheduled to run off on December 26 at the club’s track at Bush Lot Farm, Corentyne, Berbice.
The annual event has been one of the country’s traditions over the years and this year’s meet is being deemed one of the biggest.
In excess of $4m in prizes will be up for grabs on the seven-race card with the feature B2 and Lower 1800m event having a $1m prize for the winner.
Top steeds like Princess She Is Not, Jack In My Style, Lady Budapest, Spit Fire, Golden Blue Echo, Goodwill Boy, Red and Lovely, Just Call Me Boss and Quiet Storm are the race horses down to contest this event.
1) The races will be run under the rules of the Guyana Horse Racing Authority.
2) In the event that there are less than five horses entered for any event, the club reserves the right to cancel or reframe the said event or reduce the prize money after consulting with the horse owners.
3) Owners of horses must pay at least $5000 for each horse at the time of entry. If not paid, the horse’s name would not appear on the official programme and the horse will not be permitted to run.
4) Five horses to start before a third place prize is paid.
5) Seven horses to start before a fourth place prize is paid.
Club Secretary, Niketa Ross can be contacted on 662-4668 for more info.