Windies fined again for slow over-rate

HAMILTON, New Zealand, CMC – West Indies have been slapped with slow over-rate fine for the second straight Test.

The International Cricket Council said yesterday the Caribbean side had been two overs short of their target, during the second and final Test which they lost by 240 runs earier in the day at Seddon Park.

As a result, Windies players were fined 20 per cent of their match fee – for each over the team was short – while stand-in captain Kraigg Brathwaite was fined double the amount.

If West Indies commit another over-rate offence within the next 12 months with Brathwaite at the helm, the opener will be hit with suspension.

Regular captain Jason Holder missed the second Test through a similar suspension after the Windies were fined for a slow over-rate during the opening Test in Wellington, which they lost by an innings and 67 runs.

The over-rate offence was Holder’s second for the year as captain, resulting in the one-match match suspension.

Comments  

Tennis superstar Vickery wants to play for Guyana

Fresh from her victory over Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland (world- ranked number 35) whom she thrashed 6-2, 6-2 in the quarter-finals of this year’s ASB Classic, American world-ranked tennis player Sachia Vickery accompanied by her mother Paula Liverpool and her brother Dominique Mitchell, yesterday paid a courtesy call to Minister of Social Cohesion who is also the Minister Responsible for Sport, Dr.

Minister Norton reiterates gov’t support for sport

Minister with Responsibility for Sport Dr. George Norton yesterday reiterated his support for boxing and sport in general during a courtesy call by the top brass of the Guyana Boxing Board of Control (GBBC) and some of the combatants on the ‘Bad Blood’ card scheduled for Saturday at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall (CASH).

GFF Marketing Director resigns

The year 2018 has started badly for the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) as its Marketing Director, Dario McKinnon, has reportedly tendered his resignation.

Windies exit World Cup but court controversy in defeat

MOUNT MAUNGANUI, New Zealand, CMC – West Indies Under-19s’ title defence ended in shambles with a heavy 76-run defeat to South Africa Under-19s, but controvery accompanied their disappointing exit from the International Cricket Council (ICC) Youth World Cup here yesterday.

Beaton remains buoyant amidst scrutiny of bowling action

West Indies fast bowler Ronsford Beaton says he remains reassured even though there are suspicions about the legality of his bowling action an issue which poses a threat to his fledging career.

By ,

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

We built stabroeknews.com using new technology. This makes our website faster, more feature rich and easier to use for 95% of our readers.
Unfortunately, your browser does not support some of these technologies. Click the button below and choose a modern browser to receive our intended user experience.

Update my browser now

×