Kitchen fire at Rossignol Butchery doused

The Rossignol Butchery on Church Street where the fire erupted.

A quick response by members of the Guyana Fire Service yesterday saved the Rossignol Butchery on Church Street, Georgetown from severe damage after a fire erupted in the kitchen area.

Stabroek News understands that around 11.45am yesterday, firefighters were summoned to the Lot 73-74 Church Street, Georgetown location after receiving reports of a fire.

A senior fire officer at the scene said that after receiving a call, three fire tenders were dispatched to the scene.

Upon arrival, he noted it was determined that a smoker within the building had overheated resulting in a small fire which was quickly extinguished.

When Stabroek News arrived at the scene, a section of Church Street was cordoned off by the police and traffic was diverted as firefighters tried to ventilate the area in order to get the smoke out of the building.

No major damage was reported.

Around the Web

Comments