GTT technician in hospital after shocked on pole

A technician working with the Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company (GTT) was yesterday hospitalised as a result of almost being shocked after coming into contact with a transformer belonging to the Guyana Power and Light Company.

Up to press time last night, the technician who has since been identified as 43-year-old David Kunath, remained a patient of the burn care unit of the Georgetown Hospital where he is said to be nursing second and third degree burns to his body.

According to reports received, the incident occurred just around 9 am when Kunauth was pitched from the pole he was working on at New Garden Street, Queenstown, Georgetown, after coming into contact with the  transformer belonging to GPL.

Based on a video which was circulated on social media last evening, Stabroek News observed that Kunath suffered severe burns to his upper body.

A relative of the man who spoke with this newspaper explained that the father of three has been working with the telephone company for an estimated three years.

Both GTT and the Guyana Power and Light Company have issued press statements saying the incident will be investigated.

Around the Web

Comments