Seven men released on bail over murder of Dominican Republic miner

Seven of the ten men who were arrested in connection with the murder of a Dominican Republic miner, Pedro Pablo Rosario, in the Cuyuni have been released on bail by the police.

Crime Chief Paul Williams related yesterday that the men were released after they had been held for nearly a week. He noted that since the arrest of the men on Sunday last, police were granted two extensions to detain the men for investigations.

The crime chief further explained that police are yet to ascertain the quantity of gold the bandits escaped with. “They said the men went away with the mats we do not know how much gold it was,” he said.

On Friday, police arrested three more men who remain in custody. They are being questioned by the Criminal Investigation Department’s Major Crime Unit.

Rosario, 55, was shot and killed around 2 am two Fridays ago when bandits invaded the mining camp which is owned by a Kitty resident and stole a quantity of gold.

Around the Web

Comments