The Bath Settlement, West Coast Berbice man who was arrested after being accused of sexually assaulting nine West Coast Berbice primary pupils last Thursday has since been placed on a sustainable amount of station bail, a police source said yesterday.
According to the source, a file is being prepared to be sent to the Chambers of the Director of Public Prosecutions for advice.
The police source had told Stabroek News that the students accused the man, who is 39, of touching them inappropriately.
This newspaper was told that the students were all taken for medical examinations, which determined that none of them had been penetrated.
However, the source had said that police were still investigating the inappropriate touching accusations.
This newspaper was also told that the man was allegedly caught inappropriately touching one of the students on Thursday, when the school held an activity that enabled him to enter the compound.
The man reportedly purchased “snacks” for the students to make friends with them.
A student subsequently saw him in a washroom with another student and reported to the head teacher of the school, who later found him with the student.