Cops, child care agency probing death of Sophia three-year-old

Marlon Jordan

The Police and officials from the Child Care and Protection Agency have launched an investigation into the death of a three-year-old yesterday morning under mysterious circumstances in Sophia.

Dead is Marlon Jordan of Lot 550 ‘C’ Field, Sophia.

Reports reaching Stabroek News revealed that Jordan was discovered dead by relatives around 9am yesterday.

The discovery was made in a wooden shack where Jordan resided with his grandparents: Patricia Jordan, 58 and Alex Cameron, 61 and his two siblings; ages 11 and 4.

The shack in which Marlon Jordan resided with his grandparents and where he was found dead.

The children are being financially supported by their mother who lives and works in the interior.

When Stabroek News visited the scene yesterday, Patricia was heard wailing loudly as relatives visited her to offer their condolences upon learning of the incident.

“Me grandson never sick you know, never, never because when I did going and drop this next one  to school, he was out here to me. He seh ‘granny I could come? `Meh she no baby like yuh aint feeling good’ and he left and go back inside”, Patricia related to Stabroek News.

She said she was returning home yesterday morning when she met her son on the road who told her “mommy go in dah house and see wah going on”.

As a result, Patricia said she rushed into the shack when she discovered Marlon’s lifeless body. “By time me go in the house, I see me grandson dead”, she said.

According to Patricia, she left Marlon in the care of his grandfather.

The grieving woman said Marlon’s death has left her in shock since he showed no signs of illness in the past. “No signs of nothing, nothing. Nothing this body never suffer from”, she cried.

She said after the discovery was made, she started to scream which alerted neighbours. She later ventured to the Turkeyen Police Station where she reported what transpired.

The police visited the scene and examined Marlon’s body which was later removed and taken to the Lyken Funeral Home.

“As a granny, I does tek care of meh grandchildren them. This child didn’t sick. He didn’t had no problem where sickness concern so it really bothering meh”, Patricia said.

Residents in the neighbourhood have expressed concerns at the conditions under which the children are living.

A relative who wished not to be named related to Stabroek News that Marlon was not well and his mother had sent money on three occasions for him to visit the doctor. “Up to today the mother send money again for she (Patricia) to carry the boy to doctor but she collect the money and” didn’t , the woman said.

Around the Web