Ranks of the Joint Services on Monday conducted a three-hour search of the Lusignan Prison and the following prohibited items were found.
- Eight cellphones
- Ten cellphone batteries
- Five cell phone chargers
- Two Sim cards
- Two memory cards
- Thirty-one improvised weapons
- Eleven pieces of metal pipes
- Nine pieces of wood
- Seven phone cards
- Three ziplock bags with cannabis
- One small bottle of cannabis seeds
- One packet of cigarettes
- One tattoo machine and ink
- One small cannabis plant and a quantity of ziplock bags.
The prison authorities have had to grapple with rampant smuggling of items into prisons and several warders have been accused of involvement and charged.