(Trinidad Express) A ransom of $2 million has been demanded for the safe return of 32-year-old Sheldon Sukhdeo, police have confirmed.
Police however said no money had been paid up to last night.
The ransom demand was made following a telephone call on Wednesday morning when Sukhdeo made contact with relatives.
Around 12.03 a.m. on Wednesday, the phone of Angela Sukhdeo, the mother of the kidnapped man, rang and Sukhdeo’s brother Ceronne answered.
The call lasted exactly four minutes and three seconds, police said.